The infrared thermometer is light weight and designed to scan the forehead of individuals for the monitoring and detection of elevated body temperatures, without direct personal contact. This thermometer also measures the temperature of objects.
Features of the infrared hand held thermometer
• An automatic high temperature warning alarm, which sirens when measurements are above 38°C.
• High sensor quality which gives a temperature result in ONE second.
• An LED luminous display function, suitable for measuring at night (also prevents disturbance for babies).
• One key operation.
• Has a large memory capacity that stores up to 32 measurements, ideal for monitoring of children and sick patients.
This infrared thermometer is suitable for use when conducting temperature checks used by hospitals, offices, airports, at home and mobile screenings.
• Always read instructions before use.
• Always use a clinical thermometer when high accuracy body temperature measurements are required.
• Always use a clinical thermometer to verify any abnormal temperature measurements.
• For the most accurate results, readings should be conducted at ambient room temperature of 10 to 40°C (50 to 140°F). If the surrounding temperature is lower than 10°C or higher than 40°C, measurement accuracy is not assured.
• Make sure the skin is dry and that no hair interferes with the measurement.
• Do not immerse the thermometer in water.
• Avoid touching and/or scratching the infrared sensor lens.
• Clean the lens area by gently blowing with compressed air and use a damp swab to wipe the lens. Do not use any solvents to clean the lens.
• Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the scanners suitability for the intended use.
Instructions for use
• If the thermometer has been stored in a cold or hot environment, allow at least 30 minutes for the unit to acclimate to room temperature before taking measurements.
• To prevent transmission of disease, avoid direct contact with the skin.
• After heavy exercise always wait at least 10 minutes before taking forehead temperature readings.
• Temperature Mode settings
• With the meter ON, press “Mode” button for three seconds until to “F-1” shown to enter the long term calibration drift correction mode. On entering the mode, the previous temperature correction factor will appear on the display. To make a correction, measure a known, fixed temperature source. Enter the correction mode and press the + or – buttons to change the correction value and minimize the difference in readings. Repeat and adjust the correction value as needed until the measurement on the meter matches the known temperature. The mode is applied to Body Temp.
• Press the “Mode” button a second time “F-2” shown to set the alarm temperature limit. Press the + or – buttons to change the value. The mode is applied to Body Temp.
• Press the “Mode” button a third time “F-3” shown to set the °C/°F temperature units. The temperature units °C or °F will be shown. Press the + or – buttons to change the unit.
• Press the “Mode” button a forth time “F-4” shown to set the backlit status. Press the + or – buttons to switch from ON to OFF.
• Press the “Mode” button a fifth time “F-5” shown to set the laser status. Press the + or – buttons to switch from ON to OFF.
Notice: Only when the laser head installed.
Body Temperature Measurement
Please note that the forehead/temples must be free from sweat and cosmetics and that taking vasoconstrictive medication and skin irritations can distort the result when measuring temperature on the forehead.
• Press the trigger to switch the thermometer on with one beeper. The device performs a brief self test: all elements of the display are shown for approx. 1 second. Following a successful self test with backlit (Red-Orange-Green),
• Press the “B/O” button for “Body temp” for accurate measurements in the range of 32.0 to 42.9°C (89.6 to 109.2°F).
• Hold the meter by its handle and point it toward the surface to be measured. Measurement distance should be <2.5cm(<1 in ).
• Press the trigger to take a temperature reading. The temperature reading appears in the display. If the F-4 MODE of backlit & “ / ”button voice ON & F-3 MODE set alarm temperature 38.0°C:
Notice: Red Backlit is followed alarm temperature limit (Fever alarm).
• Release the trigger and the reading will hold for approximately 15 seconds after which thermometer will automatically shut off.
Note: Before shutting off the infrared thermometer, you can take further measurement.
• If the temperature goes above 109.2°F or 42.9°C, “Hi” will appear in the display.
If the temperature goes below 89.6°F or 32.0°C, “Lo” will appear in the display